It is vitally important that older people have a life to live – a reason to get out of bed and feel they have something to look forward to. Offer older people activities that give them meaning, purpose, connectedness and hope are essential. Part of meeting the spiritual needs of older people is activities that are life-giving to them. Those who organise activities have a key role in play in meeting spiritual needs.
At the end of this webinar, you will come away with:
- Understanding the spiritual dimension in older people
- Understanding spiritual needs beyond the standard Spiritual Assessment
- Framework for spiritually meaningful activities
- Non-religious spiritually meaningful activities
- Working with other care team members to support spiritual growth
- Creative ideas for spiritually-meaningful activities
This webinar is designed for those who organise and run activities for older people in residential aged care settings, home care or day centres. For example Leisure/ Lifestyle Officers/Diversional Therapists and Entertainment Officers.