Older people who hold to views such as humanists, atheism or agnostics or not sure what they believe still have a spiritual dimension and spiritual needs even if they don’t express that. Even talking to a spiritual care practitioner can seem threatening for many older people. We if we don’t intend it, older people often conflate spirituality with religion and think spiritual care practitioners have an agenda to convert them. This can unnecessarily cause resistance and avoidance of spiritual matters and result in unmet spiritual needs.
You will come away from this webinar confident in know how best to support the spiritual needs of those with diverse beliefs.
This webinar will include:
- Barriers and blockers to talking about spiritual matters
- Building bridges and trust that opens doors
- Assessing spiritual needs of those with diverse beliefs
- Meeting spiritual needs in diverse ways
- Integrating spiritually diverse needs into the model of care
This webinar is ideal for spiritual care practitioners and managers.